AQB1-Bobbers 1 (Preschool-1)
This course is for 3 to 5 year olds that are new to swim lessons. This class is similar to Aqua Kids but is for children that are able to participate without the assistance from an adult.
Skills Include: water entry and exit; bubble blowing; floats; glides; kicking; rolling over; life jackets; and more.
Exit Skills Assessment:-
1. Enter independently using the steps or side; travel 5 yards; submerge to mouth and blow bubbles for 3-5 seconds; then safely exit the water.
2. While in shallow water, glide on front 2-3 body lengths then roll on back and float on back for 3-5 seconds; then recover to a vertical position.
Prerequisites: ages 3 to 5 and comfortable in the water without assistance from an adult.
We are following the guidelines given to us by the Department of Health and here are some things you need to know before arriving.
1.Locker rooms- Participants should arrive dressed to swim due to the restricted use of the locker rooms.
2. Spectator Stands- Due to limited capacity, youth will need to be dropped off outside pool door #16 and picked up outside pool door #15. We encourage parents/guardians to remain in our vehicles with your youth until a staff member comes to tell swimmers they can come into the building. Swimmers that arrive early and exit their vehicle will need to stand on a white tiger paw located on the sidewalk and wait for a staff member. This will allow us to clear the pool area before allowing the next group of lessons into the building.
3. Pool Staff- Pool staff will remain on deck and wear a face mask while teaching. If at any time a rescue is necessary, the pool staff will immediately initiate and follow the existing EAP (Emergency Action Plan)
4. Self-screening- Prior to coming to your lesson please ask the following:
In the past 24 hours, have you or anyone in your immediate family had the following symptoms:
o A fever (100.4 or higher) within the last 72 hours
o A cough or sore throat
o Shortness of breath
o Repeated shaking with chills
o Muscle pain
o New loss of taste or smell
o Had direct household contact with a person experiencing undiagnosed symptoms
o Diarrhea, vomiting or nausea in the last 24 hours
If ‘yes’ to any of the above, the individual should be sent home/not attend the program.
5. For sessions 5 & 6 (July 13-July 23), 7 & 8 (July 27_Aug 6): Youth enrolled in Aqua Kids, Bobbers 1 & 2, Level 1 & 2, and Adaptive swim lessons will need an adult in the pool with them (ratio of 1:1 swimmers to adults).
If any of these guidelines cause an issue for your family please contact the community Education Office at 651-460-3200 or email Brittany Hoppe at email@example.com
Online registration is over
Online registration is over