AQB2-Bobbers 2 (Preschool-2)
This preschool course helps 3 to 5 year olds feel comfortable in the water; enjoy the water more safely; and begin to move in the water. This class is basically the same as Level-1 but intended for children ages 3 to 5. Skills Include: water entry and exit; bobbing; open eyes underwater; floats; glides; roll over from front to back and back to front; combined stroke on front and back; life jackets; and more.
Exit Skills Assessments:-
1. Enter independently using the steps or side; travel 5+ yards; bob 5 times; then safely exit the water.
2. Glide on front 2 body lengths; roll to a back float for 5-10 seconds; then recover to a vertical position.
3. Glide on back 2 body lengths; roll to front; then recover to a vertical position.
4. Swim using combined arm and leg actions on front for 3 body lengths; roll onto back and float for 5-10 seconds; roll back onto front and continue swimming on front for 3 body lengths.
Prerequisites: ages 3 to 5 and successfully demonstrate skills from Bobbers-1.
We are following the guidelines given to us by the Department of Health and here are some things you need to know before arriving.
1.Locker rooms- Participants should arrive dressed to swim due to the restricted use of the locker rooms.
2. Spectator Stands- Due to limited capacity, youth will need to be dropped off outside pool door #16 and picked up outside pool door #15. We encourage parents/guardians to remain in our vehicles with your youth until a staff member comes to tell swimmers they can come into the building. Swimmers that arrive early and exit their vehicle will need to stand on a white tiger paw located on the sidewalk and wait for a staff member. This will allow us to clear the pool area before allowing the next group of lessons into the building.
3. Pool Staff- Pool staff will remain on deck and wear a face mask while teaching. If at any time a rescue is necessary, the pool staff will immediately initiate and follow the existing EAP (Emergency Action Plan)
4. Self-screening- Prior to coming to your lesson please ask the following:
In the past 24 hours, have you or anyone in your immediate family had the following symptoms:
o A fever (100.4 or higher) within the last 72 hours
o A cough or sore throat
o Shortness of breath
o Repeated shaking with chills
o Muscle pain
o New loss of taste or smell
o Had direct household contact with a person experiencing undiagnosed symptoms
o Diarrhea, vomiting or nausea in the last 24 hours
If ‘yes’ to any of the above, the individual should be sent home/not attend the program.
5. For sessions 5 & 6 (July 13-July 23), 7 & 8 (July 27_Aug 6): Youth enrolled in Aqua Kids, Bobbers 1 & 2, Level 1 & 2, and Adaptive swim lessons will need an adult in the pool with them (ratio of 1:1 swimmers to adults).
If any of these guidelines cause an issue for your family please contact the community Education Office at 651-460-3200 or email Brittany Hoppe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online registration is over
Online registration is over