Skills Include: compact and stride dives from the side of the pool; swim under water; feet-first surface dive and retrieve an object; open turns on front and back; tread water 2 minutes; survival swimming 1 minute; dolphin kick; and more.
Strokes Include: front crawl, elementary backstroke, back crawl, breaststroke, and sidestroke.
Exit Skills Assessments:-
1. Perform a feet-first entry into deep water and swim front crawl for 25 yards and then swim elementary backstroke for 25 yards.
2. Swim breaststroke for 15 yards and then swim back crawl for 15 yards.
3. Submerge and swim a distance of 3-5 body lengths underwater without hyperventilating; return to the surface; then exit the water.
Prerequisites: Successfully demonstrate Level-3 skills. ~Please bring goggles~
We are following the guidelines given to us by the Department of Health and here are some things you need to know before arriving.
1.Locker rooms- Participants should arrive dressed to swim due to the restricted use of the locker rooms.
2. Spectator Stands- Due to limited capacity, youth will need to be dropped off outside pool door #16 and picked up outside pool door #15. We encourage parents/guardians to remain in our vehicles with your youth until a staff member comes to tell swimmers they can come into the building. Swimmers that arrive early and exit their vehicle will need to stand on a white tiger paw located on the sidewalk and wait for a staff member. This will allow us to clear the pool area before allowing the next group of lessons into the building.
3. Pool Staff- Pool staff will remain on deck and wear a face mask while teaching. If at any time a rescue is necessary, the pool staff will immediately initiate and follow the existing EAP (Emergency Action Plan)
4. Self-screening- Prior to coming to your lesson please ask the following:
In the past 24 hours, have you or anyone in your immediate family had the following symptoms:
o A fever (100.4 or higher) within the last 72 hours
o A cough or sore throat
o Shortness of breath
o Repeated shaking with chills
o Muscle pain
o New loss of taste or smell
o Had direct household contact with a person experiencing undiagnosed symptoms
o Diarrhea, vomiting or nausea in the last 24 hours
If ‘yes’ to any of the above, the individual should be sent home/not attend the program.
5. For sessions 5 & 6 (July 13-July 23), 7 & 8 (July 27_Aug 6): Youth enrolled in Aqua Kids, Bobbers 1 & 2, Level 1 & 2, and Adaptive swim lessons will need an adult in the pool with them.
If any of these guidelines cause an issue for your family please contact the community Education Office at 651-460-3200 or email Brittany Hoppe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online registration is over
Online registration is over