Middle School Pops and Jazz Bands
Youth Enrichment and Sports / 8- Summer Music / Middle School Band -
2020/21 CE Catalog
Rachel Gorden-Mercer, Director
Incoming grades 6 - 8 with previous band experience
Summer Pops and Jazz Bands are a great way to have fun while working on your music skills!
- Summer Pops Band - Students entering grades 6 - 8 Fall 2021 will play popular, familiar music.
- **Due to space limitations, youth can only register for one of the Pops sessions**
- Summer Jazz Band - Students entering grades 7-8 Fall 2021 will explore and perform a variety of jazz music. Previous playing experience is required. Saxophone, trumpet, trombone and keyboard players are welcome. Other instruments may be added with instructor permission. Drummers must know how to play a trap set.
- Summer Both Bands - Students entering grades 7-8 Fall 2021 who would like to be in both the Pops and Jazz bands.
- **NEW THIS YEAR - to be in both bands you must register separately for each class and select the Jazz & Pops pricing.**
A FREE concert will be held for family and friends on Friday, August 20 at 11:00 am, in the FHS Recital Hall.
**No rehearsal on Thursday, August 19**